When you sign up for a New Student Special you will receive a “Buddy Pass”. Bring a buddy with you to a class for FREE. (Must be a new student to the studio)
Whether you have done Bikram yoga before or it’s your first time, our goal is to make your experience as awesome as possible. Here are a few house rules to follow in the room so as to maximize your experience.
- What do I need? The only items that are allowed in the hot room are your mat, towel and water bottle. If you forget something, we rent them in the studio.
- What if I have a Groupon? Come to the studio at least 15 minutes before class time. You can redeem your Groupon at that time as well as complete our New Student Registration form. You have 1 year to redeem the Groupon, and 1 month to use a 5 class pack.
- Be on time. Plan on being in the room no later than 5 minutes before class starts. Once the breathing begins, the class is closed. NO exceptions.
- Cell Phones. Cell phones are not allowed. If for some reason you must have your cell phone in the room due to a possible emergency or you are a doctor on call, please let the teacher know and place your mat by the door so you can exit quietly if you must take the call.
- Mats. Place your mat so the line on the floor goes through the center of the mat. Everyone needs to be able to see themselves in the mirror. When you put your mat down make sure you are not blocking the person behind you that was there first.
- Water. Try to hold off drinking water during the first three postures as your body warms up. The teacher will announce a water break “party time” after the third posture. After that you are welcome to drink water whenever you like. The only thing we ask is PLEASE wait until the posture is over.
- Sweat! You are going to sweat. Sweating is your body’s way of cooling down. Constant wiping is a losing battle plus it causes your body to work twice as hard.
- Hot Room. Try not to leave the room as it causes more of a shock on your body. If you are dizzy just stand still or kneel down. During the standing series we ask that you try not to lay down. We want to be able to see you. When you are ready join back in.
- Most Important. HAVE FUN! Everyone remembers their first class. Your objective today is to breath and stay in the room. The postures will come over time. Remember it’s practice not perfection.