YOUR BODY IS YOUR TEACHER
Our yoga is done in a hot room to warm your muscles, prevent injury, allow deeper stretching, and cleanse the body by flushing toxins. Postures that will improve your health, mind or soul. The regular practice of yoga challenges all the weak areas and systems of the body. Yoga is the perfect vehicle for changing of yourself.
DISCOVER A NEW YOU
The class is designed to work 100% of your body, bring your entire system into balance, heal injuries, and create strength and flexibility. Bikram Yoga is a low impact, full body workout that benefits everybody. We are your daily resource for healthy living.
ALL CLASSES ARE BEGINNER CLASSES
Our Bikram yoga classes is a series of 26 postures (asanas) and two breathing exercises (pranayamas), which is suitable for all ages and levels of ability. Each posture stretches and strengthens specific muscles, ligaments, and joints needed for the next posture. The Bikram method also stimulates the organs, glands and nerves, moving fresh oxygenated blood to 100% of the body, restoring all systems to a healthy working order.
Whether you have done Bikram yoga before or it’s your first time, our goal is to make your experience as awesome as possible. Here are a few house rules to follow in the room so as to maximize your experience.
- What do I need? The only items that are allowed in the hot room are your mat, towel and water bottle. If you forget something, we rent them in the studio.
- Be on time. Plan on being in the room no later than 5 minutes before class starts. Once the breathing begins, the class is closed. NO exceptions.
- Cell Phones. Cell phones are not allowed. If for some reason you must have your cell phone in the room due to a possible emergency or you are a doctor on call, please let the teacher know and place your mat by the door so you can exit quietly if you must take the call.
- Mats. Place your mat so the line on the floor goes through the center of the mat. Everyone needs to be able to see themselves in the mirror. When you put your mat down make sure you are not blocking the person behind you that was there first.
- Water. Try to hold off drinking water during the first three postures as your body warms up. The teacher will announce a water break “party time” after the third posture. After that you are welcome to drink water whenever you like. The only thing we ask is PLEASE wait until the posture is over.
- Sweat! You are going to sweat. Sweating is your body’s way of cooling down. Constant wiping is a losing battle plus it causes your body to work twice as hard.
- Hot Room. Try not to leave the room as it causes more of a shock on your body. If you are dizzy just stand still or kneel down. During the standing series we ask that you try not to lay down. We want to be able to see you. When you are ready join back in.
- Do you have locker rooms? We have locker rooms fully equipped with showers. No lockers, but you may leave your personal belongings on the hooks.
- Most Important. HAVE FUN! Everyone remembers their first class. Your objective today is to breath and stay in the room. The postures will come over time. Remember it’s practice not perfection.